Kalamazoo Local Music is a hyper-local web startup that provides a comprehensive local music event calendar along with articles and media about upcoming and past shows. We look to create a model that can be exported to other communities so that even with growth, content will remain locally targeted.
We are looking for enthusiastic and hardworking part-time interns ready to contribute to a growing startup. This position provides a lot of freedom for creativity and input so applicants need to be self-motivated and innovative. We have a need for multiple skill sets so please list all positions that apply to you.
- Conduct artist interviews
- Preview upcoming concerts
- Review Concerts in person
- Discover potential stories
- Attend local concerts and events
- Photo processing (Must supply own software Photoshop, Aperture or equivalent)
- Must have your own camera
- Experience shooting and editing video and audio
- Must have you own video/audio equipment and editing software
- Drive ad sales and buzz for growing local startup
- Meet with businesses around town
- Possibility for commission based compensation
- Put up flyers around town.
- Attend events
- Use social media to push KLM events
Marketing/Social Media Marketing
- Assist in managing facebook, Twitter, Myspace, etc
- Design a creative and engaging marketing campaign
- Knowledge in XHTML/CSS & PHP
- Understand CMS implementation. Specifically Joomla.
Mobile Application Development
- Knowledge in mobile development for one of three major platforms: iPhone, Android, Blackberry
Please Submit the following:
- Portfolio Samples or links to portfolio
- Links to Facebook and Twitter Profiles
Send email to