Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet strict deadlines
- Interviewing people in a range of different circumstances
- building contacts to maintain a flow of news (ex: musicians, venue managers/owners, publicists/promoters, press officers from a variety of organisations, the general public, etc.)
- Seeking out and investigating stories via your contacts, press releases and other media
- Attending events, ehows, concerts, press conferences and asking questions. Some late at night and possibly outside of town.
- Recording interviews and meetings using note taking or technical equipment
- Producing concise and accurate copy according to our house style
- Uploading contenttor the website.
- Marketing and sharing yout work throug social media and your share network.
Skills and Specifications:
- Good language skills—both written and verbal.
- Desire to learn about local music aaffairs or a deep knowledge
- Website and internet saavy
- Checks email and social networks regularly (By this we mean multiple times daily.)
Education and Qualifications:
In today’s age, journalism is a much sought-after job, with institutes and universities providing degrees and diplomas, but we’re NOT that kind of publication. (Although knowing how to write can’t hurt). If you can take direction and can stay unbiased we encourage you to apply.
To Apply please submit the form below.